CMB is seeking an experienced Family Law Paralegal/PA to join our growing team. The position is full time with an immediate start. If you are self-motivated, enthusiastic, diligent and interested in family law, this position is for you.
Your duties will include:
- Diary management, including scheduling client meetings, Court appearances, conferences with counsel and internal meetings;
- File and debtor management;
- Inspection of subpoenaed material;
- Apply for and manage grants of VLA funding;
- Document production, including Brief and memos to counsel, client Court documents (Applications, Affidavits, Subpoenas, Divorces and the like);
- Liaising with clients in relation to various aspects of their matters, firms representing other parties, third parties, valuers, Court report writers and the like;
- Letter writing;
- Managing the firm’s social media;
- Arranging and supporting work functions of all kinds, including but not limited to being the face of CMB at various sponsored events;
- Managing contactors such as office cleaners and the like;
- Providing direct support and assistance to Rebecca Badenoch professionally as required, to Jeremy Culshaw as the other Legal Practice Director and Asher Chatterton our junior lawyer;
- Filing and scanning documents;
- Answering incoming calls and responding to inquiries from prospective clients;
- Ad-hoc administration including managing stationery and office supplies, attending to post etc.
You will also need proficiency with the following, although training will be provided for the right candidate:
- Commonwealth Courts Portal;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Instagram, Facebook, Google Business and Canva.
We pride ourselves on providing a supportive, flexible and collaborative environment for all our team.
The position will report directly to Accredited Specialist Legal Practice Director Rebecca Badenoch, family law specialist and Legal Practice Director Jeremy Culshaw, and to Junior Lawyer Asher Chatterton, and will require enthusiasm and interest in family law.
Please apply using the form on this page.
Culshaw Miller Badenoch is a boutique family law firm in the Melbourne CBD, run by Legal Practice Directors Rebecca Badenoch (Accredited Family Law Specialist) and Jeremy Culshaw.
We pride ourselves in providing a supportive, flexible and collaborative environment for all our team, and providing pragmatic, cost-effective advice and representation of the highest quality to our clients. If you are self-motivated, enthusiastic, diligent and interested in Family Law, a position within our team is for you.